|Edendale, New Zealand
Are you a motivated leader in the horticulture/agriculture industry? Looking for a new challenge? Take on a unique opportunity to join New Zealand’s thriving tulip bulb industry.
Haakman NZ Bulbs is looking for an Operations Manager to run the everyday workings of our Edendale tulip farm. No tulip farming experience required – you will be closely supported by the current Operations Manager throughout your training.
This is a varied role with growth opportunities and competitive pay and benefits. The right candidate will have the opportunity to progress into one of the few expert bulb growers in New Zealand.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing and supervising a team of 3 to 4 individuals during the low season, and 20+ individuals during the high season
- Be present in the fields, inspecting the tulips and bulbs and coordinating harvesting times
- Closely monitoring shed operations such as peeling, drying, and processing
- Communicate between New Zealand-based team and English-speaking team in the Netherlands
As an experienced or emerging farm manager, you must be a problem solver with a can-do attitude and strong communication skills. You are hard working, reliable, and able to work well under pressure, especially during high-demand periods.
As this will likely be an unfamiliar industry for you, you must be willing to learn and open minded to new ideas and processes.
To be considered for the role, you must have the following:
- Minimum of five-years experience in farming, ideally in the horticulture industry
- Competent leader with managerial experience
- Personable, respectful communicator that gets on with people
- Knowledge and understanding of the demands of weather conditions
- Commitment to maintaining environmental and health and safety standards
- Experience driving heavy machinery and a Class 2 drivers licence
- Ability to work in/relocate to Edendale, Southland
- A degree in horticulture or related fields is beneficial, but not essential
- Be supported in your move to a new industry and area. Housing and transport can be negotiated
- Competitive salary with strong progression opportunities – the more you learn, the more you’ll earn
- Be trained by industry leaders in tulip bulb growing and work with innovative processes and technology
- Work amongst hectares of beautiful tulip blooms in Spring
- Work for an international company with potential to travel
- Work with a great friendly team
Haakman New Zealand Bulbs is a leading tulip bulb cultivation and export company located in Edendale, Southland. With 50 hectares of tulips, Haakman NZ Bulbs allows for year-round tulip supply in the Netherlands for parent company Haakman Flowerbulbs B.V.
We’re innovators in our field, and use the latest technology to streamline our processes. We’re also a bunch of honest, down to earth farmers who love the outdoors and foster a supportive team.
To apply or learn more, contact John van Eeden at +64276004613 or HaakmanNZcareers@gmail.com
Current job openings at Haakman NZ Bulbs
- Currently this employer doesn't have any openings.