|Location||Cromwell, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||25 May 2021|
New Zealand Cherry Corp operates a vertically integrated Cherry business located in Cromwell, Central Otago. It is the largest netted cherry orchard in New Zealand and has been growing, packing and exporting premium cherries around the world since 2005. The orchard has systems based around the best possible international certification in hygiene, food safety, traceability and personnel safety.
This key role reporting to the General Manager will be responsible for all production activities across the entire orchard operation. The successful applicant will need to have prior experience in the summerfruit orchard industry and be comfortable in managing a team supporting an operation of this scale. This will very much be a hands on role managing the daily and seasonal operations of the orchard.
- Experience in summerfruit industry;
- Sound written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience with horticultural production and regulatory systems around food safety, hygiene, traceability and customer/market requirements;
- Excellent organisational skills while operating in a high performance team environment;
- Ability to think outside of the square, show initiative and manage pressure in a calm mature manner;
- Enjoy achieving organisation goals and targets in a positive and friendly team environment;
- Encourage the open expression of ideas and opinions.
- All facets of orchard and harvest operations (including pruning, spray/irrigation programmes, fertilisation application, frost fighting, maintenance programmes and managing picking teams during harvest);
- Recording of activities (e.g. CropSure, residue testing, soil/leaf analysis etc.);
- Organising consultants, contractors, service providers and suppliers;
- Management of all orchard/harvest permanent and seasonal staff;
- Assisting with the preparation and management of annual budgets and controlling orchard/harvest expenses;
- Keeping abreast of latest trends, innovations, legislation, systems and protocols, that may effect and improve the orchard and business.
New Zealand Cherry Corp strives to be the countries most respected, innovative and trusted grower, packer and marketer of the world's best cherries. With our skilled team and innovative systems we aim to deliver the world's best cherries and service to our domestic and global customers. We value open and honest communication and believe the best way to achieve great results is through teamwork. If you want to join a team who is proud of who they work for and passionate about what they do, then this is the opportunity for you.
Applications for this role close May 31st 2021.