|Location||Havelock North, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||20 April 2021|
Bostock New Zealand is a diverse, progressive, innovative group of companies that has a reputation for being an industry leader. We have an opportunity for someone to be a part of our large Orchard Team within a financially strong, expanding, entrepreneurial business based in the vibrant Hawkes Bay region. This family owned company has a proud history of sustainable growing practices, is family oriented and is committed to the wellbeing of our staff and protecting the environment.
We are looking for a confident Assistant Orchard Manager to support our Orchard Manager across multiple orchards. The successful candidate will be a major influencer on the success of the orchard and the culture of the team that support it.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following skills:
- At least 5 years in the Orchard Industry
- Experience and passion for organic growing is preferred, but not essential
- Accurate and efficient
- Highly organised and decisive
- Understanding management principles and employee relations
- A strong commitment to safe working practices
- Confidently operate a computer in the systems and programmes that are used by the company
- Full Drivers Licence
- Be able to use and train staff in all company equipment
- Grow safe certification
- Ability to supervise and manage staff to ensure you bring out the best in them to perform to a minimum of a satisfactory level
- Be willing and flexible to start early and finish later to ensure your orchards are running efficiently and effectively
- Be physically fit and healthy – able to work on your feet all day
- Must have excellent vision
- Available to work up to 7 days per work as Saturday/Sunday could be required if weather prevents weekday tasks or work is required on the weekend due to seasonal requirements.
The successful application will be provided with a company vehicle and mobile phone.
Remuneration will be based on skills and experience. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you believe you have the skills and attributes we are looking for, then please provide a copy of your recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about our company, please visit www.bostock.nz