|Location||Rest of Canterbury, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||13 April 2021|
Horticulture New Zealand Inc (HortNZ) is now seeking applications for our latest Career Progression Manager role.
If you are a go-getter, love working with young people, good at problem-solving, handy with event and project management, and have an aptitude for marketing then we want to hear from you!
This role will require you to travel to a large extent around New Zealand and internationally post Covid-19.
GoHort - Career Progression Managers
The GoHort Career Progression Managers work in the primary growing regions of New Zealand to attract, retain, and grow opportunities for New Zealanders in the fruit and vegetable industries. These career progression managers work with students, schools, training institutes, tertiary providers, employers, and industry to create bespoke programs in their region while leveraging the national GoHort resource.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with local secondary and tertiary education providers to highlight the opportunities and pathways for students in horticulture.
- Support Lincoln University’s horticulture initiatives including the Lincoln Hort Society.
- Support the Horticulture Immersion Programs both in NZ and internationally post Covid-19.
- Work with local growers to understand their needs and develop fit-for purpose solutions where appropriate.
- Work in partnership with local iwi, MPI, and other regional government agencies to achieve outcomes for all New Zealanders in horticulture.
- Support the national GoHort Career Progression Manager team and HortNZ where needed especially with the evaluation of programs.
- Driven to work to target achievement
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to create collaborative external working relationships
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Flexible, adaptable and resilient; able to work in ambiguous situations
- MS Word, Outlook, Excel
- Understanding of Agribusiness
- Experience running or being part of study tours
- Experience running events and/or marketing
- Experience working with students
- Survey research experience
- Social media, survey tool
- Degree required
- Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
- Up to two weeks travel domestically and internationally at a time.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit. This position is full time.
Please email email@example.com for a copy of the Job Description.
Applications consisting of a cover letter and resume should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Monday 26th April, 2021
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?