|Location||1733 Korokipo Road, Fernhill - Napier, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||7 April 2021|
With over 30 years' experience in the horticulture industry, operating in both the Bay of Plenty and Hawkes Bay regions, Ngai Tukairangi Trust is a highly successful kiwifruit business. The Trust is quickly expanding, with investments in apples, blueberries and two large kiwifruit operations.
As a result, we have an exciting opportunity for an Crop (Vine) Manager to join our Heretaunga team. This is a full-time permanent position.
You will lead and grow a capable and experienced team and be responsible for the following:
- Managing vine/canopy work throughout the year
- General orchard work including some orchard development work
- Communication with external and internal stakeholders
- Contactor management
- Orchard monitoring programmes
- Cost control practices
- Health & Safety management
- Documentation and record keeping
- People management
The purpose of this role is to maximise yield and Orchard Gate Returns without compromising vine health and sustainability objectives. Ensuring compliance with industry and local government requirements and that all work is completed to Ngai Tukairangi Trust quality standards. Coordinating, managing and leading the Vine Team, working alongside key stakeholders to build a positive team culture based on honesty and integrity.
- Legally entitled to work permanently in New Zealand in the role
- Class 1 NZ Driver's license
Our ideal candidate has:
- Business/Horticulture Qualification at Level 4 (or above)
- 3-4 years (+) Horticulture experience
- Experience/interest in Kiwifruit desirable
- Strong and confident leadership experience
- Great communication skills and ability to operate under pressure
This is an exceptional opportunity to drive your career forward with a Maori-owned business that likes to take action. As an industry leader we offer competitive remuneration, a positive workplace culture and ongoing opportunities for career development. Be a part of a close-knit team with the knowledge that your contribution makes a difference!
Ngai Tukairangi Trust is committed to being a drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test and medical. Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.