|Location||Blenheim, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||26 August 2021|
Are you looking for work this summer? Do you love to work outdoors? Have you got an eye for detail and enjoy working autonomously? We currently have a number of positions available in the Blenheim region for Crop Monitoring Scouts to join PGG Wrightson Fruitfed Supplies this season on a part time/ fixed term basis. Hours and fixed-term period will vary and can be discussed upon application, these positions would be available from October for approx. six months covering between 10 - 30 hours per week. There is the possibility this could be extended depending on seasonal requirements.
A bit about us
PGG Wrightson Fruitfed supplies have been woven into the horticultural industry for more than 100 years, we have been working alongside growers, organisations, and suppliers to deliver reliable advice and solutions for a range of crops. Our focus is on supporting growers around New Zealand produce quality, profitable crops by helping them access the right products, services, and advice.
A typical day as a Crop Monitoring Scout includes the following:
- Visiting customer vineyards to monitor grapes for pests and disease identification
- Inputing crop data to database using the supplied cellphone
- Following instructions provided by the Crop Monitoring Coordinator and team leaders
- Displaying your outstanding commitment to safety as you follow company and customer Health and Safety requirements.
What you'll bring to the team:
- A keen interest in the horticultural industry, preferably within vineyards (We will provide all training required if you are new to this industry)
- A positive self-motivated and hard working attitude and an ability to work independently
- Great communication and willingness to be an outstanding team player
- An entry level understanding of computer and cell phone skills
- Good physical fitness as you will be on your feet for the majority of the day and be required to complete many manual handling tasks throughout the day
- A full, current, and clean NZ drivers' licence and access to your own reliable transport. Experience driving on orchards is an advantage
Please include in your application your preference of total hours per week and the dates you would be available.
Please note Interviews may be conducted prior to closing date.
Apply now or to find out more about working at PGG Wrightson or view other opportunities visit https://careers.pggwrightson.co.nz/search and enter reference number: 17643GOHORT.
Applications close on Wednesday, 22 September.