|Location||Cromwell, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||9 August 2021|
** PLEASE UPLOAD INTERNSHIP APPLICATION FORM (https://gohorticulture.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/GoHort-Application-Form-2020.pdf)
*** Students are encouraged to upload a short video, describing why they want to be a part of this internship
About: Pure Pac Ltd is an integrated packhouse and marketing company formed by seven passionate cherry growers based in Cromwell, Otago. Together, we are committed to delivering the highest quality Central Otago cherries to customers around the world.
Fresh air, the perfect climate, glacial water and minimal intervention keeps our cherries pure. To make sure our premium New Zealand cherries gets to you in prime condition, we pay close attention to packing.
Dates: 15/11/2021 - 13/02/2022
What will the intern be doing?
As the HR Assistant for Pure Pac Limited, you will be integral to the smooth running of our cherry harvest by recruiting and onboarding seasonal team members, and ensuring they are looked after.
You are self-motivated and trustworthy, with outstanding attention to detail, and willingness to turn your hand to any task.
It is integral you maintain a friendly and approachable attitude during our busy harvest season.
To thrive in this role you will have:
- Excellent computer literacy including Excel, and ability to learn new software quickly
- Ability to work independently and in coordination with your colleagues
- Be highly organised and accountable for your work.
- Great people skills, adaptability, and the confidence to have difficult conversations
This role is both administrative and hands on, tasks are varied and may include:
- Recruitment and onboarding seasonal packhouse and harvest team members using our custom software
- Accurately following processes to ensure we are always legally compliant
- Performing inductions and undertaking group and individual training
- Liaising with orchard and packhouse managers to establish requirements
- Daily preparation of bin labels, picker labels, and fully charged devices for field deployment
- Timesheet entry and reconciling data between software systems to ensure payroll accuracy
- Assistance with organising social events and pastoral care activities
- Oversight and coordination of employee accommodation facilities
- Health and Safety coordination and leadership
- Providing updates and informative reports as required by management
- From time to time assisting with general administration tasks
- Handling cash and eftpos payments for food and cherry sales
Company Accreditation: GlobalG.A.P, GRASP
Ideal Applicant: University Student or Polytech Student
This role is best suited to a first year Human Resources, Business Administration, or Commerce student. You will gain an introduction to the thriving horticulture industry and real-world experience in an incredibly fast paced environment. You will learn and practice skills across several aspects of recruitment and human resources.
Benefits Included: Hourly Rate, Minimum 30hrs/week, Mentor
This paid internship is a temporary contract starting from mid November and ending in early February. During the busiest part of the season from late December to the end of January we are a 7-day operation. For this period hours are varied but you can expect to work 8 hours per day or longer, with one day off per week conditions allowing.