|Location||Hamilton, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||10 March 2021|
We are a reputable supplier of produce and support our employees in growth and development. We are seeking to recruit an experienced Grower for our company. The position is based in the Hamilton region and requires a passionate grower who has the following capabilities.
Basic Requirements for the role:
- Full responsibility of spray schedule for the farm
- Liaise with Factory Production Manager in regards to harvesting times, varieties and any issues that may impact on factory production.
- Keeping up with new developments in the agrichemical industry.
- Ensure produce is free of insects, insect damage, fungi problems and is out of withholding periods before harvesting and that sprays are applied at the correct rates.
- Complying with all Growsafe, NZ GAP requirements and ensuring that all spray records are maintained and updated.
- Ensure that traceability of all applications is maintained.
- Helping farm managers with duties such as soil sampling, water sampling, residue sampling and lime application.
- Keep spray areas clean and tidy.
- Comply with Agrecovery, NZ GAP and Growsafe Programmes. Ensure seeding/planting levels are adequate to maintain full supply of produce year-round. Liaising with the Farm Manager to ensure seeding schedule is followed
- Ensure produce harvested is of excellent quality and to spec.
- Ensure quality control inspections are done daily and corrective actions are taken to maintain high quality of produce incoming to factory at all times.
Please send us your CV and a cover letter about why you would qualify for the role to: email@example.com
Candidates will be shortlisted for screening followed by an interview.