|Location||Te Puke, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||19 August 2020|
Focused on orchard-to-market excellence, Seeka is an integrated horticultural and produce company that grows, processes, distributes and markets high quality produce to world markets.
At Seeka we are nothing without the talents of our people. Authentic, skilled and curious. Earning respect through our actions. Our inspiration people are passionate, ambitious and demonstrate a passion for excellence and self-leadership.
As a Grower Entities Management Accountant at our Seeka 360 site, you will enjoy a high energy and fast-paced role, which requires the ability to have excellent time management, prioritisation and organisational skills. You will be a conceptual thinker with an eye for detail and the ability to problem solve. You’ll be an Excel & reconciliation guru; not scared to get down in the weeds to examine the nitty gritty, whilst keeping the big picture in mind.
The Grower Entities Management Accountant role is responsible for stewarding our kiwifruit and avocado grower monies through end-to-end grower payments. We handle more than $400m in grower funds through our bank accounts. But, this is not a regular accounting gig; there are no widgets or machine hours in this role, instead you will be calculating fruit value payments by size, kiwistart and time payments, thinking about yield, rejects, fruit size and orchard gate returns.
At Seeka, we work hard, and we have fun. Our brand values represent us and who we aspire to be; Founded on Relationships; Quality Obsession; Inspirational People; Growing Futures; Independently Ingenious; Safety Always.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us at Seeka Limited. Please submit your application online by following the “apply now” button and submitting a cover letter and CV.
Skills & Experience
· Advanced Excel skills and, ideally, an understanding of or experience with SQL databases
· Systems and process oriented
· Accuracy, proactive, achievement orientated
· Strong communication skills with the ability to explain data and financial information to a wide range of people
· A team player with a supportive and helpful attitude in all aspects of the role
· Tertiary qualification in accounting or finance
· Experience working with large data sets
· Ideally (but not required) you will have kiwifruit, avocado or other fresh produce industry experience