|Location||Tamahere, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||10 November 2021|
Southern Fresh Foods Ltd have been operating a successful business as professional growers and processors of speciality vegetables, gourmet leaf salads and fresh herbs for over 30 years in the fertile, lush growing region of Cambridge; in the heart of Waikato. This family-owned and operated company have now progressed into one of New Zealand's leading professional growers and processors of high-quality baby vegetables, salad lines, and herbs; both fresh and processed.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a full time motivated, passionate Harvesting Team Leader. This exciting role requires a hands-on approach to manage and oversee all aspects of the salad harvesting operation.
- Ensure all salad products are harvested “In full, on time, in spec” as per Factory requirements
- To operate harvesting machinery to a high standard of safety and ensuring the daily servicing of the machine is completed
- Monitor and forecast product availability and liaise with the Outdoor Cropping Manager
- Leading a team and ensuring daily KPI’s are achieved
- Adhere to all Food Quality & Safety Procedures
- Monitor crop yields and record accurately on company software
To be successful in this role, you will need the following skills with relevant experience to reflect:
- Harvesting management/operational experience
- A proven record of staff management and leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy and able to learn systems quickly
- Mechanical knowledge or a good understanding of harvesting machinery
- Be physically fit and required to work outdoors in all weathers
- Ideally hold an F endorsement or minimum a full, clean drivers licence to enable to obtain an endorsement.
What is in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Work for a company where strong family values are at the core of their business
- New Zealand owned and operated business
- Beautiful work setting and parking onsite
If you are a motivated Harvesting Team Leader who is keen to work for a company with a fantastic offering who provides an inclusive and positive working environment, with a service ethic that is second to none, we want to hear from you.
For further insight into our business, products and innovation process visit https://southernfresh.co.nz