|Location||Franklin District, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||27 January 2021|
Sunrise Berries Limited is a privately owned company focussed on the production of berries to supply markets locally and around the world.
Based in the Franklin district of Auckland, we require an experienced Head Grower to join our team to manage our 9ha berry farm growing raspberries & strawberries.
This is a hands on role.
- To manage, maintain, and facilitate continuous growth and improvement to all plant and plant production aspects of Sunrise Berries Limited
- To ensure optimal plant health for maximum yield
Specific duties & responsibilities
Coordinate, manage and monitor the day to day growing operations relating to Berry Production including growing and infrastructure.
- Coordinate and work alongside the Harvest Manager(s) and Owner to achieve set KPIs
- Oversee the management and coordination of staff for the growing aspects of the operation
- Maintain optimal plant health across the farm
- Plan tunnel configuration and maintenance
- Manage the fertigation & irrigation programme
- Actively improve processes and policies across the business.
- Work with the agronomist to implement best practice growing techniques
- Manage all growing expenses as set out by the budget and guidelines of the Owner
- Have an understanding of harvest operation and assist where / when required
- Coordinate, manage and monitor suppliers involved in providing production materials.
- Ensure quality of product is maintained by monitoring compliance specifications, rules, regulations and procedures.
- Provide technical support where necessary.
- Provide logistics support where necessary.
- Implement and manage necessary QA and Health and Safety policies
- Ensure all product complies with regulations
- Provide forecasts of production volume and timing of product plus growing costs for financial budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
- Work with Owner to set and achieve financial budgets
- Provide seasonal and weekly forecast reports of volume to marketing team.
- Prepare analysis report of production yield and cost of production.
In turn we can provide a competitive package including a vehicle, mobile phone, and computer / tablet.
You must be a motivated, hardworking, and enthusiastic person, with good written and verbal communication skills, a clean and current NZ Driver licence and enjoy being hands on while leading a motivated team. If this sounds like you, apply now by emailing your CV along with a covering letter