|Location||Kerikeri, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||18 June 2020|
Orangewood is an independent packhouse, harvesting and orchard management services company. We are known for our innovative approach and the quality of service we provide.
Based in the picturesque town of Kerikeri, in the Bay of Islands we are one of the largest employers in the area. We are in a strong growth period and we require a committed Head of Kiwifruit to oversee our orchard operations.
This is a full-time permanent position reporting to the General Manager and offers a generous remuneration package. The successful applicant will have proven success running a large number of kiwifruit orchards, have excellent technical knowledge & skills, be an outstanding communicator, and will excel in planning abilities.
As Head of Kiwifruit you will be responsible for
- All kiwifruit orchard operations including: growing operations; production volumes; harvest operation; greenfield developments and the communication to our growers.
- Developing annual management plans & budgets for each orchard
- Working closely with your senior orchard staff to execute the plans
- Optimizing Orangewood grower’s OGR by considered harvest management.
- Ensuring the quality of work is to a high standard, and have processes in place to ensure all staff are trained to that standard
- Making regular visits to growers/orchard managers to discuss work required and desired outcomes
- Providing strong leadership and clear direction for all orchard staff
- Upholding our strong Health & Safety culture
- Being a valuable contributor to the Senior Management Team
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- At least 7 years’ experience in the kiwifruit industry, with excellent knowledge of all aspects of kiwifruit orchard operations
- Level 5 Diploma of Horticulture qualification or similar
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- The ability to communicate effectively to a multi-cultural team, growers, and other supervisors/management
- Excellent organisational skills to manage workflow and required documentation
- Ability to effectively manage a team to conduct work to a high standard, and at good speed
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude
- The ability to work with a strong team focus, and lead autonomously
- Competent computer skills
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa