|Location||Timaru, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||23 November 2020|
ViBERi New Zealand Ltd grows processes, manufactures and markets a range of innovative organic blackcurrant products and is seeking to employ an Operations Manager to run the orchard and oversee the processing facility.
This role is located near Pleasant Point.
The position reports to the owners and the main responsibility is to run the day to day operations of the orchard and the processing facility.
Less significant responsibilities are to run a sheep flock on the orchard over winter and a small deer block and oversee the maintenance of Meadowlinks (a small residential completed subdivision).
The applicant would need to have:
* Proven managerial skills
* Preferably, but not necessarily, an academic qualification in horticulture or agriculture
* Some experience in the horticultural or arable industries
* Mechanical aptitude
* Superior machine operation skills
* Minimum full drivers license required, preferably with additional classes 2 and forklift
* Superior numeracy and writing skills
* Have experience and willingness to work in a tight compliance framework (health and wellness, food safety, quality assurance program, organic certification and farm environment parameters).
* Be willing and experienced in training staff
* Have the aptitude to adopt Good Management Practices and Lean Manufacturing principles to the orchards and raw processing facility
This role is principally to manage day to day operations but there is also a good mix of hands on machine operations and office work. The operation utilizes modern machinery with excellent workshop facilities. There is a good team environment within the organization and the applicant should be willing and capable of continuing to build on this culture . An attractive remuneration reflecting skills and experience and a near new vehicle will be supplied with this position.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency.
Applications close at 5pm on the 13th of December