|Location||Kerikeri, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||12 July 2021|
T&G Fresh is our New Zealand domestic business and provides the backbone of New Zealand's fresh fruit and vegetable infrastructure. We've set our sights on transforming New Zealand's fresh produce industry for the better.
We grow citrus, berries, apples and tomatoes, and pack potatoes, onions, carrots and avocados for our grower partners. We have incredible brands - Beekist, Lotatoes, Jazz and Envy to name a few. And an unwavering commitment to grow, sell, market and distribute.
We have a comprehensive network of growers and markets and a commitment to innovation, new technology and improving our infrastructure.
About the position
In KeriKeri we have 160 hectares of citrus and blueberry orchards. As a Labour Manager you will be responsible for the workforce planning of orchards for all categories in Kerikeri. You will also support the workforce planning for Covered Crops across the North Island. This challenging, yet very rewarding role includes the following responsibilities:
- Analysing, forecasting, and planning workforce supply and demand, assessing gaps, and determining recruitment, induction and training interventions to ensure that we have the right people - with the right skills in the right places at the right time, within budget
- Lead the Recognised Seasonal Employees (RSE) programme for Kerikeri and Covered Crops and work with the shared services recruitment team to also source local talent
- Monitor workforce performance and work with management to address any gaps
- Support the management team with training, engagement activities, coordination and pastoral care of employees to create the conditions where teams are motivated and can perform at their best
- Ensure all accidents and hazards, injuries and near misses are reported
- Participate and lead orchard operation continuous improvement projects
- Managing orchard contracting teams providing labour for third parties
What we are looking for
You will bring the following skills and attributes to the role:
- 10+ years' experience within horticulture or a related industry
- Diploma in Horticulture or similar qualification
- Strong management and leadership experience with the proven ability to motivate teams and create an inclusive and collaborative environment across diverse cultures
- Demonstrable planning and forecasting skills
- Well-developed collaboration skills to maintain and build strong and trusted relationship networks across the industry
- Sound negotiation & advocacy skills
- Strong commercial acumen with understanding and practical knowledge of budgeting for large operations
- Multitasking and time management skills to effectively juggle the many priorities within this role
- Experience in engaging effectively with diverse groups
- Knowledge and experience of continuous improvement and operational excellence (preferred)
At T&G our mindsets are: Grounded, Resilient, Open & Winning. We are looking for someone who can embody these mindsets, someone who is passionate about taking ownership of their role and wanting to make a difference in this exciting and innovative organisation. Apply Now!!