|Location||Hastings, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||15 October 2020|
A bit about us
Come and grow your world with T&G! We are fresh food lovers who constantly strive to grow our world by maintaining year-round freshness and provide a healthier lifestyle for everyone we share the planet with.
As one of New Zealand's largest vertically integrated growing, packing, shipping and marketing companies, we have the people, structure and brands to further support the global communities which we operate and provide a return for all stakeholders.
About the position
T&G is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment with all those involved with its activities including workers, contractors, suppliers and all other people working or visiting our place of work.
As the Operational Safety Lead you will be responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating health and safety strategic activities and programmes. This will be achieved through a facilitation and collaboration approach to build ownership and capability in safety leadership in our NZ Operations business. This will involve:
- Utilising safety data to identify emerging trends and working with the Operational Managers to complete a gap analysis
- Leading, facilitation and design of a fit for purpose solutions and monitoring the implementation
- Monitoring the T&G Global risk management process and working with Operational Managers on areas for improvement.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- 3 plus years of experience in a Health & Safety environment ideally across multiple sites
- Proven experience in implementation of health and safety initiatives and change management
- Good understanding and knowledge of H&S principles - especially in the area of risk management
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Able to drive engagement with strong communication skills
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills; and
- Be solutions focused and self-motivated
Our mindsets are: Grounded, Resilient, Open & Winning. We are looking for someone who can embody these mindsets, someone who is passionate about taking ownership of their role and wanting to make a difference at T&G.