|Location||Eastern Bay of Plenty, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||30 September 2020|
Our Client’s provide Orchard Management and Post-Harvest Services to support the harvesting and packaging of fruit for multi-international delivery across the globe. We are looking for an Orchard Manager to be responsible for maximising fruit production and harvesting through safe planning and execution of orchard developments and activities.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Liaise with Growers on the management of their orchards, establishing continuous crop improvement and fruit harvest operations
- Lead your team of experience orchard specialists to manage, plan and coordinate picking during the harvest season
- Recruit, induct, and train new employees
- Mentor Assistant Orchard Managers and Supervisors to continuously improve their orchard management skills
- Work with colleagues and growers to implement an effective and safe harvest strategy
- Offer ongoing support and assistance to growers with meeting compliance requirements
- Document orchard management specifications and ensure there is a maintenance plan for each orchard
- Monitor orchard budget
- Ensure all employees and contractors follow Health & Safety and Food Safety requirements, policy, rules and procedures
We are looking for someone with at least three years orchard management experience, and a relevant tertiary qualification. You will have a proven and successful record of implementing health and safety compliance requirements, orchard management improvement strategies and be experienced in building a high performing orchard team. Your natural ability to build rapport and trust with growers will establish solid relationships leading into excellent results for all. An understanding of GAP and Zespri compliances is an advantage as is someone who is technically minded and commercially savvy.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Apply now or send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com. For more information contact Andrea or Chris on 07 307 9266.