|Location||Tauranga, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||10 March 2021|
About the business
Our mission is to create the world's best kiwifruit orchards.
This serves our purpose; to enhance our team, our customers, our shareholders, and our community
We strive to live our values: Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Relationships, Attitude
We're a family-owned operation that's been planting, growing and exporting kiwifruit for more than 40 years. Today, Southern Cross Horticulture is one of New Zealand's most successful orchard developers and producers.
About the role
Significant growth in the business brings an opportunity for a motivated, dynamic individual to join our Team in a hands-on role of Orchard Manager
Reporting to the Cropping Operations Manager, your areas of responsibility will include:
- Plan, co-ordinate and execute seasonal orchard activities to specification, on time, in budget
- Active education and coaching of orchard supervisors and seasonal workers/contractors to facilitate all seasonal growing requirements to achieve a quality yield
- Maintaining a practical safe working environment and practices for all parties within the guidelines of SCH Health and Safety policies
- Orchard administration and compliance
Benefits and perks
This is a full-time position based in the Bay of Plenty.
Remuneration will be based on level of experience and your ability to deliver on key areas of responsibility.
Skills and experience
The successful applicant will have the following skills and attributes:
- An ability to work effectively alongside people from various cultures and consistently communicate in a positive manner
- A strong desire to grow world class crops to a high level of excellence of vine health and vigour and consistently achieve targeted orchard gate returns
- Ability to plan & prioritise workload, make decisions and problem solve complex issues autonomously
- A positive “can do” attitude and enthusiastic team player with a personal growth and continuous improvement mindset
- Proficient in machinery operation eg. tractors/ trailers/ forklift
- Humble, hungry and socially smart
- A valid New Zealand drivers license and current work visa/ NZ residency status
To apply for the role, send CV with 3 references for attention firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on 20 March 2021