|Location||Hastings, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||15 November 2020|
About the role
Due to internal promotion we have a fantastic opportunity available to manage our brand new 70 hectare orchard on Valley Road – our largest Rockit™ block. Duties include:
- Develop and oversee the implementation of orchard management plans
- Lead staff and contractors and build a positive culture
- Ensure quality standards and health and safety requirements are met
- Manage the full range of orchard tasks and ensure efficient use of resources
- Establish effective relationships with the RMS management team, the wider business, and stakeholders
Skills and Experience
Applicants will ideally have:
- Extensive experience in the pip fruit industry and sound knowledge of horticultural practices
- Experience leading teams and promoting strong values
- Grow Safe and Approved Handler certification
- National Certificate in Horticulture
- Strong organisation and project management skills
- Experience developing and managing budgets and with business reporting
A positive attitude, physical fitness, flexibility regarding work hours and a full driver’s licence are essential. We pride ourselves on being a drug free environment and all potential employees will need to pass a mandatory drug test.
- Competitive remuneration
- Opportunity for career development
- Health Insurance available
- Company ute, mobile phone and other necessary tools of the trade
About the Company
Rockit Global Limited is an innovative and vertically integrated fruit grower, packer and exporter, marketing unique miniature apples under the Rockit™ apple brand. We are a motivated and passionate group of young Orchardists with the freedom to create our own future and make our mark on the New Zealand and Global map. We are not bound by preconceived ideas and practices, and we pride ourselves on being trailblazers and industry leaders.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, and what you are looking for, join the Rockit™ apple team and enjoy a career that will be full of exciting and fulfilling experiences.
Upload your CV and cover letter addressed to RMS General Manager, or telephone 027 418 6519
Applications close 4pm 4 December 2020.