|Location||Hastings, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||13 April 2021|
Johnny Appleseed is an integrated grower, packer and marketer of apples, pears and stonefruit. It is a 5th generation family business well-known for its ‘Yummy’ brand. It has significant domestic and international business with an extensive range of new varieties.
The office is run out of the old family homestead in Havelock North. We have over 700 hectares of orchards, a full-time staff of 200, and up to 600 seasonal workers.
Johnny Appleseed has a career opportunity for an experienced Orchard Manager to join our team on a full-time basis. The role involves managing multiple pipfruit and stonefruit orchards located on the Heretaunga Plains. As part of our wider orchard division, the successful applicant will be responsible for continuing to maintain our reputation for producing high quality crops.
Key Roles are:
- Managing teams of both permanent and seasonal staff to carry out orchard tasks (i.e picking, pruning, thinning etc)
- Managing agrichemical applications
- Developing and training staff
- Documentation and record keeping
- Maintain compliance and Health and Safety standards
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum 5 years of horticulture experience
- Proven ability to lead a team
- Strong communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Competent at multi-tasking and working under pressure
All those that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand may apply.
If you have the skills for this position and want to join a progressive company, forward your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with in the subject line, Orchard Manager, to the attention of HR Manager.
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?