|Location||Far North, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||12 July 2021|
Focused on orchard-to-market excellence, Seeka is an integrated horticultural and produce company that grows, processes, distributes and markets high quality produce to world markets.
At Seeka we are nothing without the talents of our people. Authentic, skilled and curious. Earning respect through our actions. Our inspirational people are passionate, ambitious and demonstrate a passion for excellence and self-leadership.
As an Orchard Manager – Avocados in the Far North district, you will enjoy a role that is responsible for managing a portfolio of orchards, using industry best practice, so that produce yield and quality is optimised and operations are sustainable and cost efficient.
Skills and competencies:
- Knowledge of avocado growing systems
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong customer relationships
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to articulate a common vision and motivate a team
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work and deliver results with autonomy
Experience and qualifications:
- Ideally 5 years’ plus, experience in orchard management
- Experience working within horticulture (ideally avocado) or primary industry
- Experience using best practice HR to manage people effectively
- Reporting and budgeting experience.
At Seeka, we work hard, and we have fun. Our brand attributes represent us and who we aspire to be; Founded on Relationships; Quality Obsession; Inspirational People; Growing Futures; Independently Ingenious; Safety Always.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us at Seeka Limited. Please submit your application online by following the “apply now” button and submitting a cover letter and CV.