|Location||Te Puke, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||25 August 2020|
Trevelyan’s Pack & Cool Ltd is a Te Puke based kiwifruit post harvest company packing 16 million trays covering the wider Bay of Plenty region. We currently operate a very successful orchard management division based in Te Puke which manages approximately 250 canopy ha. We are looking to expand this number and this position is pivotal to this success.
This is a key position in our Orchard Management team. You will be leading a team of Orchard Managers, who have Orchard Supervisors reporting to them. To be successful in this position, you will have proven leadership, a history of coaching and mentoring a team while also having the hands-on experience and technical knowledge in vine husbandry and orchard management.
This position is well supported by an Orchard Division Manager, our Technical Manager and our Grower Liaison team.
We are seeking a person with the following skills and experience:
- Management, leadership and proven coaching and mentoring of permanent staff and contractors
- Excellent record keeping, planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills with problem solving abilities
- People/client relationships skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels across the business
- Proven orchard management experience, ideally more than 10 years
- Ability to set and work to budgets
- Experience in business management, planning and implementing growth strategies is key to success of this position
The successful candidate will demonstrate a solid career progression in horticulture and be driven to succeed.
You will want to make a difference and contribute to Trevelyan’s continuous improvement culture, striving to be the best you can be and delivering on promises and expectations.
If this sounds like you, please apply to email@example.com or via seek in confidence now!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.