|Location||Te Puke, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||26 May 2020|
Trevelyan’s Managed Orchards is a division of Trevelyan’s Pack & Cool Ltd. We are a Te Puke-based Kiwifruit and Avocado post-harvest company packing 16 million trays of Kiwifruit and over 700,000 trays of Avocados covering the wider Bay of Plenty and Hawke’s Bay. This role will be based at our Te Puke site on No 1 Road.
We are a motivated and innovative group of passionate orchardists who pride ourselves on being industry leaders.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Orchard Supervisor to join our expanding team. As an Orchard Supervisor, you will play a key role in our orchard management team. Working closely with one of our Orchard Manager’s, this role requires that you will attend to all tasks required daily to assist in the management of kiwifruit orchard’s. The Orchard Supervisor will be earmarked for our future Orchard Managers and is a stepping-stone for Management.
Being part of Trevelyan’s Managed Orchards (TMO) means:
You will have:
- A desire to have a career in horticulture
- Experience within the kiwifruit industry is preferred, but other relevant horticultural or agricultural experience will be considered
- Enjoy being outdoors with the team and being present in the orchard
- A drive to achieve above industry/regional OGR's
- A commitment to a long-term role as a manager is important
- An interest in regenerative horticulture
- Proven ability to train, supervise and lead a team
You will be:
- Able to plan and deliver excellent results which include non-financial measures
- Able to plan for job/task variety within your role and the team
- Open minded to learning and applying new concepts
- A competent communicator
- Willing to learn and grow your skills with Trevelyan’s.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, a fantastic company culture with a family-like feel and awesome company benefits. Come join our team!