|Location||Rest of Bay of Plenty, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||10 March 2021|
About the business
Erlon Limited is a company that works with clients in the kiwifruit industry in orchards and nurseries. We are looking for a committed Orchard Supervisor who is willing to travel to our different locations/job sites.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to support and provide supervision of the orchard operations. The role is responsible in supervising horticulture/construction workers and coordinating activities in order to optimize resource use, minimise production costs and maintain quality standards.
Benefits and perks
Training is provided for our staff and managers.
Skills and experience
- Provide sound leadership and supervision to contract and permanent staff and ensure the workforce is efficient and well managed.
- Supervise the growing operation by running an efficient productive team.
- Coordinate the induction, training and coaching of workers.To be successful in this role you will have previous experience providing frontline supervision and have the ability to manage and build on relationships. You will need a sound understanding of the quality requirements for nursery operations and be able to commit to early starts and potentially long days to ensure the success of our orchard operations. Weekend work is sometimes required. Industry experience is preferred
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?