|Location||Katikati, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||27 August 2021|
Apata Group Limited is a long established and highly regarded post-harvest facility, specialising in the packing and cool storage of both Kiwifruit and Avocados. Working for Apata Group Ltd means being part of a motivated, professional and enthusiastic team in an area well-known for its blue skies, warm climate and relaxed lifestyle.
Packaging Manager – Katikati based.
Based primarily at the Apata Group's Turntable Hill Road site, This role will coordinate the movement of packaging materials on Apata sites in a manner within the company's contracted and planned operations. The role will also coordinate the tray making. Reporting to the site manager you will be responsible for organising stock and accountability for the management of resources needed to provide efficient packaging to the production team.
- To ensure that adequate assembled packaging components and other packaging related stocks are available for a daily basis for season requirements of both kiwifruit and avocado packing.
- Oversee all packaging movement to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Lead a team of staff to improved results & higher employee engagement.
- Maintain positive relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Maintain effective utilisation of labour and equipment.
- Oversee departmental Health and Safety risk reduction and compliance through staff engagement and continuous improvement.
- Experience in warehousing or with a minimum of two years in a supervisory role.
- Proficiency in computer applications – e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook & Inventory software.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with others.
- Well-developed planning, analytical and process skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple or conflicting priorities in a highly complex deadline driven environment.
- Ability to apply considered conflict resolution techniques.
- System and process improvement mindset.
Apata Group Ltd operates a drug and alcohol free workplace. This role is considered safety critical and accordingly testing for this is incorporated in our pre-employment screening and ongoing random drug testing program.