|Location||103 Connolly Rd, Seaview 7973, Timaru, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||29 September 2021|
Waipopo Limited Partnership is looking for an experienced packhouse manager to join our team in South Canterbury.
You will be responsible for the overall management of our export apple packhouse, which packs approximately 25,000 cartons seasonally, with fruit sourced from our own orchards. Your role will encompass:
- Coordination of fruit logistics between multiple sources including our orchards, off-site cool storage, packhouse site and delivery to port
- Construction of daily and weekly packing plans to meet orders and manage inventory levels
- Packaging ordering and inventory management
- Compliance with export market access programmes, particularly USDA requirements
- Export documentation provision and reporting packhouse KPIs to management
- Recruitment of seasonal staff, staff training and packhouse health, safety and hygiene
- Implementation and annual accreditation of the BRC standard
- Meeting the quality standards required by our customers
You will have excellent people management skills, the ability to lead a diverse team and good communication skills. You will be familiar with packhouse management software, systems and technology, and have past experience in a similar role.
This is a permanent role, reporting to the Orchard Manager.
Outside of the main packing season your role will also encompass office and orchard support responsibilities including orchard management software, orchard compliance and assistance with recruitment and training of seasonal labour.
For further information, please contact Carla Clelland on 027 240 2026.
Applications close Wednesday 20 October 2021