|Location||Bay of Plenty, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||21 July 2021|
Focused on orchard-to-market excellence, Seeka is an integrated horticultural and produce company that grows, processes, distributes and markets high quality produce to world markets.
At Seeka we are nothing without the talents of our people. Authentic, skilled, curious and earning respect through our actions, our inspirational people are passionate, ambitious and demonstrate a passion for excellence and self-leadership.
As a Packhouse Manager at our Opotiki site, you will enjoy a high energy and fast-paced role, which requires the ability to lead a diverse team of people to achieve set goals in production and fruit quality for the company and our growers. You will be an organised self-starter with a passion for the kiwifruit industry.
The Packhouse Manager role is responsible for the safety, people, production, consumables and general day to day running of the packhouse.
- Implementing and assisting in the development of crop packing plans for Seeka to optimise technology and plant
- Optimising fruit performance, minimising fruit loss and assist in maintaining coolchain throughout rework for inventory associated with this production line
- Managing, leading, and training staff to ensure Seeka process and policies are adhered to
- Ensuring plant, equipment and machinery are maintained to ensure the packhouse is safe, and meets OSH and company requirements
Experience and qualifications:
- Five plus years’ experience in the kiwifruit industry (or similar)
- Experience working within kiwifruit, horticulture or primary industry
- Experience working with and a good understanding of numerical or financial information
- Experience in the operational and strategic management of staff
- Awareness of H&S legislative requirements, and experience in the implementation of these
At Seeka, we work hard, and we have fun. Our brand attributes represent us and who we aspire to be; founded on Relationships; Quality Obsession; Inspirational People; Growing Futures; Independently Ingenious; Safety Always.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us at Seeka Limited. Please submit your application online by following the “apply now” button and submitting a cover letter and CV.
Applications Close: 13/08/21