|Location||Wellington, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||3 September 2020|
- Are you a collaborator and connector?
- Career opportunity with diversity and scope
Horticulture New Zealand (HortNZ) is a national organisation that advocates and represents the interests of New Zealand’s 6,000 commercial fruit, vegetable and berry fruit growers. Our vision is “healthy food for all forever”.
An outstanding opportunity has arisen to join one of New Zealand's most dynamic and varied sectors. Reporting to the Chief Executive, the successful applicant will contribute to New Zealand horticulture’s development of people capability and attraction of workers for permanent careers in horticulture. This is an exciting and varied role with a large degree of autonomy and direct contact with the Chief Executive and industry leaders in an area of work that is going through rapid change with many opportunities being presented for horticulture.
This permanent position is based in Wellington. Horticulture New Zealand offers staff flexible working arrangements.
The culture at HortNZ is collegial, positive and relaxed, and you will have the opportunity to work with a fantastic group of passionate, talented and highly motivated people.
Key competencies include:
- An understanding of New Zealand's education and qualification system.
- Background in horticultural systems preferred.
- Project management and budgeting experience.
- Good and confident communicator.
- Can formulate and implement strategies.
- Flexible, methodical and efficient.
- Customer focussed.
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
- Ability to travel domestically from time to time (sometimes overnight).
If you would like a copy of the job description please email email@example.com.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Tuesday 29 September 2020.