|Location||19 Puwhariki Rd Matapihi Tauranga, Bay of Plenty - Mt. Maunganui, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||9 September 2021|
Do you enjoy engaging with a wide-range of people?
Do you have a solution focused outlook?
Are you an HR enthusiast looking for your next role?
Ngai Tukairangi Trust is a successful kiwifruit grower located in the Bay of Plenty and Hawkes Bay. Our orchard business has become a medium-sized operation over a short space of time, as a result we have an exciting opportunity for a People and Culture leader to join our team. This role offers variety and challenge across all aspects of HR and Health and Safety. With a close-knit team culture we are proud of our achievements and are excited by the next phase of our continued growth.
Reporting to the General Orchard manager, you’ll find that the full spectrum of HR/H&S skills will be utilized in this role so we are looking for someone who is prepared to roll up their sleeves – and get stuck in. You will be an energetic and versatile individual who is self-motivated and is an outstanding communicator. You’ll be strategically minded with the ability to see the big picture and rally the team to get results.
Overview of responsibilities
- Development & execution of our HR/H&S procedures
- To develop and execute with the support of the P&C Coordinator, HR strategies in areas such as recruitment, remuneration, learning and development, change management and legislative compliance
- Analyze staffing needs and manage recruitment processes, including the RSE program and other workforce initiatives.
Provide ongoing and pertinent support to Managers, Team Leaders and HR Coordinator across Tauranga and the Hawkes Bay.
- To facilitate the performance management process; performance reviews, conflict resolution and employee relations.
- Support the development of training material and the facilitation of training initiatives
- Promote employee wellness and provide pastoral support to staff
- Management and maintenance of our Health & Safety program
Skills, Behaviors and Experience
- Human Resources or related tertiary qualification
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, horticulture experience preferred but not essential
- Is a positive, engaging and approachable person with great relationship building skills
- Is proactive with integrity and a positive focused approach
- An understanding of training and development initiatives
- An understanding of Māori tikanga and values
- A focus on people development and employee wellbeing
- Proven ability to achieve outcomes
- Ability to challenge current thinking, habits and practices and influence others
- Proven experience in influencing workplace cultures, managing seasonal workforces and performance management.