|Location||422 Cryers Road, Southbridge 7683, Southbridge, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||20 September 2021|
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Production Assistant to work in our Production Team, based at our main operation area located in Southbridge. This role supports the production team to achieve crop related goals. The successful candidate will be responsible for, amongst other things:
- Groundwork when required
- Helping plant/establish crops (potatoes, beetroot, pumpkin & broccoli)
- Tasks on crops
- Basic maintenance of machinery
- Spraying & irrigation when required
- General horticultural farm duties
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join a growing family business. Oakley’s offers ongoing training and development opportunities for the right person. Our employees enjoy working in a friendly, fun and supportive team environment.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- A great attitude towards working with & producing quality crops.
- A qualification in Agriculture/Horticulture or proven farming experience.
- Experience in harvesting, cultivation, planting, spraying and irrigation (preferred).
- The ability to be adaptable to changes throughout a busy seasonal environment.
- Good organisational skills.
- Great communication & inter-personal skills.
- Ability to go the extra mile and get the job done.
- Flexible - due to the nature of the industry you must be available to work extended hours and weekends when required.
Oakley’s Premium Fresh Vegetables is a 5th generation family business dedicated to growing, harvesting, packing and delivering the freshest of produce throughout New Zealand. With complete control of the production process, we can assure traceability, food safety and complete quality assurance. Our company has grown from the desire to always have the best quality and the most consistent supply of product.
Please forward your CV and Cover letter to:
HR Manager – Sandra Robertson