|Location||Waikato, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||25 May 2021|
T&G is New Zealand's largest producer and packer of hothouse tomatoes. These crops are grown in state-of-the-art environmentally controlled glasshouses, across our 4 North Island sites, and are packaged for both local and export markets 52 weeks of the year.
And like you, we're fresh food lovers. We're passionate about our purpose of growing healthier futures through fresh fruit and vegetables.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Grower Manager, the Production Manager/Grower is responsible for the day to day growing and glasshouse staff management and strategic labour requirements for the site, whilst supporting growing operations as a member of the site leadership team.
You will lead a small and dedicated team of Team Leaders and provide effective leadership to staff to perform to their potential. You will also be responsible for planning staff numbers, recruitment and performance management and promoting a positive Health & Safety environment.
In addition, you will support the Growing operations to ensure that crop growing related inventory and plant control records, auditing, and procedures are complied with in time and that crop targets are achieved.
What are we looking for:
The successful applicant will bring the following attributes:
- Ideally you will have some previous growing experience and knowledge of Priva but this is not essential
- Proven leadership and people management skills
- Previous production management and growing experience
- Food industry and/or manufacturing knowledge
- Business/Operations Improvement, Lean, Six Sigma or Agile experience
- A grounded approach with a "can-do" attitude and the ability to get in and do what's needed
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds
- Clear and logical problem-solving skills.
It goes without saying that you will have exceptional communication, negotiation and time management skills, enabling you to prioritise workloads and ensure deadlines are met.
Our mindsets are: Grounded, Resilient, Open & Winning. We are looking for someone who can embody these mindsets, someone who is passionate about taking ownership of their role and wanting to make a difference at T&G.