|Location||PUKEKOHE, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||19 March 2021|
The Wilcox group of companies is involved with growing, packing and distributing fresh produce throughout New Zealand. We have facilities at Pukekohe, Ohakune and Waikato in the North Island and Rakaia in the South Island. Our large growing and packing capacity, along with specialised marketing skills means we can deliver and maintain a guaranteed sustainable supply of fresh produce to retail sectors throughout New Zealand and to our export markets in UK, Europe and Asia.
About the role:
This position is responsible for conducting quality inspection for the onion export programme and domestic programme. This involves utilising technical expertise and co-ordinating resources as maintaining the quality of the product is essential to ensuring the end product to the customer is fit for purpose. You will be required to provide advice to the Onion Crop Manager and Agronomist on quality issues of both new season and stored product and be involved in providing solutions. You’ll be auditing and monitoring quality procedures, which are aligned to export requirements and monitoring the condition of stored product on a regular basis. You will require proven and sound technical/quality skills to deliver this role to business expectations.
Research and Development trials and projects will keep you busy outside of the seasonal workload. You will participate in trials and projects and will be required to analyse results, present findings along with recommendations.You will provide leadership support to the Onion Export team and the Onion Packhouse Manager especially during the onion export packing programme. You will understand the importance of a great culture to help achieve consistent quality standards for our customers and people.
We are looking for someone with below experience and skills:
- Food technology degree or equivalent qualification
- Experience in Quality Control/Inspection related roles within the area of fresh vegetable production
- Familiar with MPI crop export standards and phytosanitary requirements
- Ability to conduct examination, assessment and experiments to provide expert opinion and technical support including operating various testing equipment
- Ability to analyse data and report of findings
- Outstanding communication skills
- The right attitude - proactive, professional, and positive
- Dedication, motivation, and focus on continuous improvement
- Computer literate and tech-savvy to learn new software
- Excellent time management and organisation
- Attention to detail with a strong focus on accuracy and quality
Competitive remuneration, significant opportunities in the organisation for growth, excellent guidance from industry-leading experts.
To apply for this position, email email@example.com Applications close on Monday, 5th April 2021