|Location||PUKEKOHE, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||16 February 2021|
The Wilcox group of companies is involved with growing, packing and distributing fresh produce throughout New Zealand. We have facilities at Pukekohe, Ohakune and Waikato in the North Island and Rakaia in the South Island.
About the role:
This position is responsible for supervising the sorting and processing domestic retail, export and processing markets. This involves supporting a team of staff sorting and quality checking product across the washline. Maintaining the quality of the product is essential to ensuring the end product to the customer is fit for purpose, and performs clean-up tasks, as needed. You will be required to provide advice to the Operations Manager – Post Harvest and the Potato Washline Supervisor on quality issues of both new season and stored product and identify any quality issues. You’ll be auditing and monitoring quality procedures, food handling and processing facilities and procedures to ensure compliance and maintaining strict customer requirements. You will be responsible for ensuring that required standards of hygiene are observed at storage, processing and packing stages of the process cycle.
The position is to lead a team of approx. 8 or more employees and assist the Operations Manager – Post Harvest by making sure that all systems are in use and being followed in production areas. Line checking, sign off, etc. daily, weekly, monthly tasks, etc to be completed as required. Understand and actively use Corrective action processes. You will support the Potato Washline Manager with development and updating of Standard/Safe Operating Procedures both from a safety perspective and to maintain quality requirements.
You will understand the importance of a great culture to help achieve consistent quality standards for our customers and people.
We are looking for someone with below experience and skills:
- Experience within Quality Assurance in the Food Manufacturing Industry
- Horticulture/FMCG Experience minimum 2 years
- Outstanding communication skills
- Post-Harvest certificate is an advantage or if you are keen to study
- The right attitude - proactive, professional, and positive
- Dedication, motivation, and focus on continuous improvement
- Computer literate and tech-savvy to learn new software
- Excellent time management and organisation
- Attention to detail with a strong focus on accuracy and quality
- Forkhoist licence is required to support crop checks and line operation.
Competitive remuneration, significant opportunities in the organisation for growth, excellent guidance from industry-leading experts.
to apply for this role, send your cv and covering letter to email@example.com