|Location||Kerikeri, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||12 July 2021|
Focused on orchard-to-market excellence, Seeka is an integrated horticultural and produce company that grows, processes, distributes and markets high quality produce to world markets.
At Seeka we are nothing without the talents of our people. Authentic, skilled, and curious. Earning respect through our actions. Our inspirational people are passionate, ambitious and demonstrate a passion for excellence and self-leadership.
As a Regional Manager at our Kerikeri site, you will enjoy a high energy and fast-paced role that requires the ability to manage people, product, plant, and safety. You will be a team player that is willing to get in and get your hands dirty.
This role is responsible for the regional performance and management of all post harvest operations, including fruit performance and technical systems, financial performance, people management, and the safety and compliance of staff to ensure optimal performance and outcomes are achieved.
Skills and competencies;
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills: Able to communicate clearly and effectively and at the appropriate level with various types of people
- Leadership/Influencing others: Can articulate a common vision and provide others with a sense of direction. Able to persuade, convince, influence, or impress in order to gain support or to have a specific impact on others.
- Problem solving skills: Identifies the root causes and breaks the problem down into the key issues. Grasps new concepts and can see the problem in relation to the bigger picture. Generates multiple explanations and solutions.
- Flexible/Adaptive/Resilient: Able to shift strategies and accept other viewpoints. Adapts quickly and effectively to changing situations. Able to overcome disappointments and learn from the setbacks to bounce back. Able to adjust to unexpected change
Experience and qualifications;
- Industry Knowledge: Experience working within kiwifruit, horticulture, or primary industry (essential)
- Budgeting: Experience managing and working within a set budget
- Commercial Acumen: Good commercial business sense with an understanding of how to drive shareholder value
- Numeracy: Experience working with and an excellent understanding of numerical or financial information
- Role specific knowledge: 10+ years in similar roles working within a similar environment
- Microsoft Office Suite: Intermediate
- Data Analysis: Experience extracting useful information and translating it into actionable objectives
- People Management: Experienced in best practice HR, managing people effectively in order to achieve business objectives
- Health & Safety: Awareness of H&S legislative requirements, and experience in the implementation of these
At Seeka, we work hard, and we have fun. Our brand attributes represent us and who we aspire to be; Founded on Relationships; Quality Obsession; Inspirational People; Growing Futures; Independently Ingenious; Safety Always.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us at Seeka Limited. Please submit your application online by following the “apply now” button and submitting a cover letter and CV.
For a copy of the Job Description visit PD-Regional-Manager-21.docx