|Location||Tauranga, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||17 November 2021|
We have a great fixed-term opportunity to join New Zealand's largest independent laboratory in the role of Seasonal Kiwifruit Laboratory Supervisor. We have a multi-year contract providing essential services to collect and test kiwifruit maturity samples and last year established a brand new laboratory in Mount Maunganui. We don't mind if you don't have experience working in a lab, it's your supervisory experience that we want and full training on our test methods will be provided. You'll be well supported by our laboratory section manager and team leader.
The harvest season is a busy time and it's all hands on deck, there will be many seasonal lab technicians joining our team and you will play a key part in training and supervising these staff performing kiwifruit maturity testing from March through to June. This is a great opportunity for someone with an interest in science or horticulture who enjoys being part of a great team.
This role is fixed-term from January to June with an earlier start date possible.
- You are an experienced supervisor, able to relate well with staff and motivate them for success - you expect your staff to perform, but they respect you for treating them right
- You have excellent operational focus with attention to detail, you spot problems before they occur and adapt to avoid them
- You have excellent organisational and communication skills, with the right planning and direction you'll set things up for success
- You are a team player who is able to work collaboratively and create a good working relationship with other staff in the team and across the business
- You thrive in a fast pace environment, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines - our clients rely on timely accurate results and we work hard to make that happen
- You are able to work some longer hours over the harvest season - you understand it's not for ever and will make it happen to deliver these important results to our clients
- You have excellent problem solving skills, when the team need help you are there to sort it out and get them back on track
- You are a fast learner, we need you to learn our methods and procedures and be able to help convey it to the team
- You are competent with the use of computers, Microsoft Office or Google Workspace and quickly learn new software - we have a lab system to get you up to speed with before you help train our seasonal staff on how to use it
- You have experience working with casual / seasonal staff in the kiwifruit or other industries
- You have a science or horticulture qualification
- You have experience working in a laboratory environment or performing kiwifruit maturity testing
- You have experience in technical, quality and calibration procedures
- You have experience creating and maintaining SOPs
What we offer:
- Be part of a leading business providing essential services to a thriving industry
- Join a new team, be a part of establishing a great team culture that staff want to be a part of
Hill Laboratories is a commercial provider of analytical services to a wide range of customers in New Zealand and overseas. We provide an excellent environment for fostering and developing talent and enabling innovation in a family-friendly, values driven and mature New Zealand owned business.
How to apply
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, click apply now via the link or on our website.
Please include a cover letter with your CV detailing why you feel you are the best candidate for this position
Closing date subject to change without notification.