|Location||Anywhere within New Zealand, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||17 November 2021|
Sector Manager - Horticulture
Nau mai, haere mai, whakatau mai
At Primary ITO we provide meaningful, high-quality learning experiences to grow the capability of people in the primary industry. We understand that people are the key to ensuring a prosperous and sustainable New Zealand. The Agriculture and Horticulture team plays a vital role in supporting the organisation to train over 20,000 learners every year.
About the role
We are looking for a Sector Manager with knowledge in horticulture to set the overall direction and approach for the industry’s learning needs.
Responsibilities for this role would include:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with horticulture businesses and industry associations across NZ
- Developing approaches and solutions to meet corporate training needs
- Leading promotion campaigns
- Contracting and liaison with education providers
- Ensuring existing and new products deliver to industry expectations
- Working closely with field delivery teams to ensure national consistency and performance
This role is national so may be based anywhere but will require national travel.
We are looking for someone with:
- Relevant sector knowledge and experience
- Great relationship building and management skills, preferably with established networks with key stakeholders in the sector
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- Computing skills, including the use of Microsoft Suite
- Excellent time management & organisation skills
- Previous experience in contract management & business administration
- Cultural competence or demonstrates a willingness to grow bi-cultural awareness
If you’re a leader passionate about delivering excellent service results, we would love to hear from you!
About the benefits
We offer competitive remuneration, health insurance, full training, and the mentorship of a senior and experienced staff member
Click 'apply now ' to submit your CV and cover letter. Applications close on Wednesday 1 December 2021.
For more information about this role please review the position description or get into contact with Maxine O’Keeffe via email@example.com or ringing 043822860.