|Location||Riwaka, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||13 September 2020|
Aspiring to become an orchard manager?
Rod Fry Ltd. is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Supervisor to report directly to the Orchard Owners and help to manage their 35-hectare kiwifruit orchard situated in Riwaka, New Zealand, where they currently produce Hayward and Gold 3 kiwifruit.
The key function of this role is to supervise all aspects of a kiwifruit orchard crop production cycle, with a focus on supervising the pruning and thinning staff. The successful applicant will work closely with the Orchard Owners making day to day decisions in a collaborative environment.
This role would be suitable to someone who can manage kiwifruit orchards or is looking to progress into an orchard managers role. First and foremost, the successful applicant must have good people skills and organizational skills, they must also be open and eager to learn on the job to achieve the best possible orchard results.
Interactions: Orchard owners, permanent production staff, RSE’s, casual contract workers, AgFirst consultants.
Your areas of responsibility will include:
- Management and supervision of day to day orchard operations.
- Monitor the health and growth of crops.
- Plan and co-ordinate seasonal orchard activities.
- Training and supervision of staff and contractors.
- Ensure orchard operations are performed within budget and to a high standard.
- Irrigation management and frost protection.
- Pest and disease management.
- Operation of machinery.
- Health and safety compliance.
The successful candidate will require the following skills and attributes:
- A strong team player who can lead from the front.
- Able to work under pressure and solve problems.
- Ability to manage people.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A good understanding of Zespri compliances.
- A strong desire to grow world class crops to a high level of excellence.
- Previous experience in the Kiwifruit industry.
- An ability to plan & prioritise workload.
- Availability on weekends or after hours when required.
- Excellent record keeping and organizational skills.
- A valid New Zealand driver’s license and current work Visa/ NZ residency status.
Ideally the preferred candidate will have current first aid, grow safe and approved handler certificates. The preferred candidate will also have a clean criminal record and may be subject to a drug and alcohol test.
This is a full-time position based in the Nelson/Tasman region.
To apply for the role, send a CV and cover letter with 3 references to email@example.com
Starting salary $60,000 + Vehicle