|Location||Tauranga, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||13 January 2021|
Zespri is more than simply the world’s single-largest marketer of kiwifruit. We supply one of the world’s healthiest little superfruits to millions of people around the world in more than 50 markets. We are one of New Zealand’s best-known international brands, dedicated to creating sustainable long-term value for growers.
We are growing quickly, driven by our success in engaging more and more consumers and by offering the world’s best kiwifruit 12 months of the year. We have bold ambitions and aim to grow sales from approximately $3 billion in 2018 to $4.5 billion by 2025.
Technical Advisor – Production Standards
This role supports the development and implementation of Zespri food safety and production standards that deliver quality kiwifruit produced for global supply. You will establish and communicate the requirements for supply within the Zespri Global.G.A.P framework and provide technical advice on matters relating to food safety and good agricultural practices.
This position is responsible for development, implementation and maintenance of policies, standards and procedures, guidelines and resources relating to on orchard production requirements and the technical transfer of these requirements to internal and external stakeholders.
- The development, implementation and review of Zespri Production Standards across global supply
- Development of guidelines, tools and resource material for growers to facilitate knowledge growth in the industry
- Management of the systems and processes required for the industry to meet the requirements of the NZ Food Act.
- Provide technical advice and work plan updates (written and oral) to key stakeholders
- Working closely with the Market Access Assurance team, respond to in market queries as they relate to Zespri Production Requirements and our Quality Management Systems.
- Provide technical input into executive and board communications.
- Develop and deliver training material for growers and facility representatives.
- Ensure that Zespri operating procedures and management systems are up to date and consistent with organisational policy.
- Represent Zespri on the internal and external audit programmes for GAP, Organics and Food Safety programmes (as required).
- Contribute to the maintenance of the Quality Management System for GAP to ensure systems and processes meet certification requirements.
- Develop and maintain key working relationships with Industry and regulatory bodies to ensure the integrity of our production and certification programmes.
- Manage and deliver training to facilities and other stakeholders. To develop appropriate resources and training material to assist growers to understand and implement G.A.P requirements.
- Undertake key project work that delivers to Zespri’s wider GAP strategy
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualifications and/or technical experience in agriculture, food, environmental or biological sciences or similar.
- A base of primary production and food safety, preferably the horticulture or agricultural sector.
- Experience in the development of national standards and supporting systems in a food production or horticultural environment.
- Experience in providing technical advice around Good Management/Growing Practice, Food Safety and/or other production systems.
- Strong technical writing skills
- Excellent communication Skills
- Highly developed computer skills (e.g. Word, Excel, SAP, CRM)
All applications should be submitted immediately. Zespri will close applications upon completion of the shortlist.