|Location||Pukekohe, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||4 June 2020|
An exciting opportunity for someone with expert horticulture/agriculture knowledge, offering a mix of research and development combined with providing technical training to our employees and growers.
PGG Wrightson is one of New Zealand's leading providers of products and services to the rural sector. Our Fruitfed Supplies business is a specialist in the horticultural industry and is proud to offer a comprehensive range of quality horticultural supplies and sound technical advice to New Zealand growers.
About the role
As a key member of the Technical Research and Development team, you will be responsible for conducting research into agrichemical, plant nutrition and plant cultivars, and identifying the commercial benefits of these products for PGG Wrightson and its clients. You will be required to conduct, assess and report on field trials, primarily in vegetable, forage and pastoral crops. You'll also build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders such as industry professionals and growers, as well as many different internal colleagues.
The role is designed for someone with ideally at least 3 to 4 years' experience in a similar role within the industry, who will hit the ground running.
Skills and experience:
- A tertiary qualification in the sciences, horticulture, or equivalent industry experience preferably in agricultural research
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and flexibility to travel throughout the wider region
- Demonstrated competence with the Microsoft Office suite, and intermediate computer literacy
- New Zealand rural sector knowledge and experience
- A reasonable level of physical fitness and strength is required as outdoor field work is a key component of this role
- A full and current NZ driver's licence.
We are committed to growing our employees and we develop leadership and technical expertise at all levels of our company. We provide extensive in-house sales and technical training and offer a number of benefits alongside a competitive and comprehensive remuneration package.
To discuss this opportunity further please contact Kevin Manning, Research & Development Manager on 027 807 3762.
Applications close on Tuesday, 16 June 2020.