|Location||Gisborne, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||2 March 2021|
Like most great New Zealand stories, Farmlands was born from people joining together to do things differently. Fast forward from our humble beginnings in 1962 and we are a Top 20 NZ Company with an annual turnover of more than $2 billion, with over 1000 staff members from Cape Reinga to Bluff.
Our team of Technical Advisors are a vital service to our shareholders. As a "growing-guru", you not only need to know the Farmlands business inside and out, you also need to know about the shareholders you deal with every day.
About The Role
Based in the Gisborne region the role has a strong focus on providing technical advice to our shareholders. You'll be on the road so the ability to work well autonomously will serve you well in being able to service the territory.
Ideally you will be based in the Gisborne area, with the ability to travel within the region (full work vehicle provided). This role would also suit somebody with strong horticulture experience who may be open to relocating to Gisborne
You will be the face of Farmlands to many shareholders - so we need someone who believes in what we do and the service we have been providing for more than 50 years.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing expert technical advice to our clients - mainly horticulture clients
- Maintaining and ensuring continuous growth within your managed accounts
- Building robust relationships with your client networks
- Identifying and securing prospective shareholders/customers within your territory
- Achieving and exceeding all sales targets
You will have a proven, successful track record as a Sales Representative/Account Manager and have expertise in horticulture. With your strong sales background and ability to provide sound technical advice you will be a trusted partner to our Shareholders and really contribute to the success of our customers. success.
You will also be:
- A self starter with great organisational/planning skills
- An effective communicator and able to relate to a wide range of stakeholders
- Able to build strong, lasting relationships
- Proficient on computer systems, using technology will be a part of your day
Culture and Benefits
Our culture is one of unity and working together to make a difference in our communities and for our shareholders. Grow your experience and career with us and reap the rewards of Farmlands, which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Work vehicle
- Farmlands shareholding + medical and personal insurances
- Annual health checks and flu shots