|Location||Kerikeri, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||8 September 2020|
Are you looking for a change? We are seeking a Technical Horticultural Representative (THR) for the Far North region.
PGG Wrightson are leading providers of products and services to the agricultural and horticultural sectors, with Fruitfed Supplies a leading brand. We are helping grow the country through our knowledge, service and expertise.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Technical Horticultural Representative to work alongside the Kerikeri store Fruitfed Supplies business. You'll be responsible for advising and assisting our clients by providing technical and sales advice on Orchard to use the right products and services to get the most out of their crops. Your ability to build and maintain strong client relationships will be second-to-none, while your enthusiasm and forward-thinking attitude will see you really making a difference.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Identify client needs and provide sound and accurate product and orchard advice
- Build orchard systems solutions alongside client practices
- Communicate new technologies and technical knowledge to clients
- Be readily available to clients as a source of technical knowledge and information and complete requests in line with PGG Wrightson's service standards
- Assist clients, colleagues and suppliers to answer queries and resolve problems
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Proven extensive knowledge of the New Zealand Horticultural sector is essential
- Develop and demonstrable understanding of current agronomy practices with focus on avocados, citrus and kiwifruit
- Confidence and expertise to develop new business
- Strong customer and sales focus
- Outstanding organisation and team building skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Reasonable fitness as some heavy lifting and physical work is required
- Full, current and clean New Zealand driver's licence
We are committed to growing our employees and we develop leadership and technical expertise at all levels of our company. We provide extensive in house sales and technical training and offer a number of benefits alongside a competitive and comprehensive remuneration package.
For a confidential discussion contact Mark Robinson on 027 290 3490.
Apply now or to find out more about working at PGG Wrightson or view other opportunities visit https://careers.pggwrightson.co.nz/search and enter reference number 15242SK.
Applications close on Sunday, 20 September 2020.