|Location||1733 Korokipo Road, Fernhill Hastings, Hastings, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||10 September 2021|
We have an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor to join our Hastings, Hawkes Bay team. This a full-time permanent position covers all aspects of kiwifruit vine husbandry with a strong focus on quality and team supervision.
- Do you want to take the next step in your horticulture career?
- Do you love working with people?
- Do you want to work for a growing business?
If the answer is yes, we want to hear from you!
With over 30 years’ experience in the horticulture industry, operating in both the Bay of Plenty and Hawkes Bay regions, Ngai Tukairangi Trust is a highly successful kiwifruit business.
We’re passionate about people and have increasing opportunities for talented people to join our team. With ongoing training and support and a positive organisational culture, we believe Ngai Tukairangi Trust may be the place for you.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Leading and motivating a team of people from various cultural backgrounds
- Training new team members and developing their orchard skills
- Conducting all aspects of vine management
- Managing work to ensure a high standard of quality is achieved
- Communicating progress with other supervisors, Crop Manager and Regional Manager
- Keeping accurate records, including timesheets, bay counts, incident reports, PSA maps etc.
Key skills & attributes
- A background in the horticulture industry, kiwifruit experience would be an advantage
- Experience training and supervising teams
- Strong communicator with the ability to engage with a wide-range of people
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Eye for detail and a passion for achieving exceptional results
- A can-do attitude and ability to build positive rapport with fellow team members
- Willingness up to work as the season dictates
This is an exceptional opportunity to drive your career forward with an industry leading Maori-owned business that likes to take action. Be a part of a motivated team with the knowledge that your contribution makes a difference!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. To apply for this role please submit a copy of your CV and cover letter.