|Location||1733 Korokipo Rd, Fernhill, Napier, Ngai Tukairangi Trust, New Zealand, Ngai Tukairangi Trust, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||4 February 2021|
Do you want to take the next step in your horticulture career? Do you love working with people?
Do you want to work for a growing business? If the answer is yes, we want to hear from you!
With over 30 years’ experience in the horticulture industry, operating in both the Bay of Plenty and Hawkes Bay regions, Ngai Tukairangi Trust is highly successful kiwifruit business.
We’re passionate about people development and have increasing opportunities for talented people to join our team. With ongoing training and support and a positive organisational culture, we believe Ngai Tukairangi Trust may be the place for you.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor to join our Heretaunga team. This a full-time permanent position based in Fernhill, Napier. This role covers all aspects of kiwifruit vine husbandry with a strong focus on quality and team supervision.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Leading and motivating a team of people from various cultural backgrounds
- Training new team members and developing their orchard skills
- Conducting all aspects of vine management
- Managing work to ensure a high standard of quality is achieved
- Communicating progress with other supervisors and Orchard Manager
- Keeping accurate records, including timesheets, bay counts, incident reports, PSA maps etc.
Key skills & attributes
- A background in the horticulture industry, kiwifruit experience would be an advantage
- Experience training and supervising teams
- Strong communicator with the ability to engage with a wide-range of people
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Eye for detail and a passion for achieving exceptional results
- A can-do attitude and ability to build positive rapport with fellow team members
- Willingness up to work 7-days a week as the season dictates
This is an exceptional opportunity to drive your career forward with an industry leading Maori-owned business that likes to take action. Be a part of a motivated team with the knowledge that your contribution makes a difference!
Ngai Tukairangi Trust is committed to being a drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. To apply for this role please submit a copy of your CV and cover letter.